If you are going to run a facebook ad, you’ll need to understand the different objectives. There’s no better way to throw dollars at Zuckerberg than randomly picking an objective.
Here are the different objectives you can choose on Facebook:
- Brand awareness: When you want to show the product or brand over and over again to a certain group of people so that they will be familiar with it ( and more willing to buy later).
- Reach: This is almost the same as above- you are trying to build familiarity with your product or brand, but in this case you have a much wider audience- you are trying to expand the amount of people who are familiar with he product or service.
- Traffic: Traffic is just what it sounds like. Instead of people actively searching for something, you show them a product and then guide them to a landing page or a website.
- Engagement: This is a replacement for the old days when people used to buy likes. With an engagement strategy, your content gets shown to more people with the objective of them liking or sharing it. This is not sales focused.
- Video views: Get people to watch a video. Whatever the objective within the video is up to you.
- Conversions: These are ads that don’t have a second stage, they want the viewer to click and buy directly off of Facebook.